Speak to a live rep

Terms You Should Know

Bodily Injury Liability Coverage:

Covers the costs in the event of an injury or death caused by an accident that you are at fault for and provides you with legal defense.

Collision Coverage:

Pays for the damage to your insured vehicle when caused by another car or object.

Comprehensive Coverage:

Provides the funds for damage to your car as a result of natural catastrophes, theft, fire, theft, and other covered risks. You may be required by your lender to purchase this type of coverage if you have taken out a loan on your vehicle.

Custom/Non-factory Equipment Coverage:

Pays for equipment or features not included with factory vehicles, such as cell phones or CD players.


The amount you pay out-of-pocket for prior to the insurance company paying toward damage or losses. The higher the deductible, the lower your premiums may be.

Emergency Roadside Service:

Provides protection for situations that are not handled by your current policy:

  • Recharge a dead battery
  • Locked out of your car
  • Refill a flat tire
  • Towing unrelated to an accident
  • Refill an empty gas tank

Gap Insurance:

Optional coverage that pays the difference between your vehicle’s value at the time of total loss and the sum left over from the loan on the vehicle.


People who have their risks of loss covered by an auto insurance company, i.e. relatives or a person with permission to operate the vehicle.

Liability Coverage:

Covers the cost of property damages, injury or death in the event of an accident for which you are responsible and provides for you legal defense.

Medical Payments Coverage:

Pays medical and funeral expenses as a result of an auto accident, regardless of who is at fault. Covers passengers and those with permission to operate the vehicle.

Physical Damage:

Damage to property caused by a collision.

Property Damage Liability Coverage:

Covers the costs of property damages in the event of an accident for which you are at fault and provides for you legal defense.

Rental Reimbursement:

Optional coverage that can help pay for rental vehicle costs in the event that your insured vehicle is inoperable as the result of an accident, and may cover part or all of the costs to rent a car.

Towing and Labor Coverage:

Provides coverage for towing expenses if it is inoperable or damaged.

Umbrella Liability Insurance:

Depending on the amount of liability insurance you have, this covers liabilities that exceed the amount that can be covered by your homeowner’s or auto insurance policy.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage:

May cover the costs of bodily injury to you or property damage as a result of an auto accident in the event that the at-fault driver is uninsured or unidentified.